DMX iris profile?

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
barbarab

DMX iris profile?

Post by barbarab » Thu Sep 09, 2010 3:41 pm

Hi guys. The lighting designer has brought over two Rosco DMX Irises, which I have not used before, to use in Apollo Right Arms. I have a silver Palette. The irises have separate addresses, and I patched them using the "Apollo Right Arm Mode Six Iris" profile. I did not see a profile specifically for these Rosco DMX irises.
So they are responding oddly. When I send a level to the iris it closes some and immediately goes back to where it was. Also when I am not doing anything, both irises sometimes pulse, closing a bit and then opening again, every few seconds.
What could be going on? I checked for overlapping dmx values. According to the manual I found online, these only take one channel of dmx each and I have them addressed eight channels apart.
I'm posting mostly to rule out that I am using the wrong profile for these. I assumed "Apollo Right Arm Mode Six Iris" should work, am I right? Thank you.

golights

Re: DMX iris profile?

Post by golights » Thu Sep 09, 2010 9:53 pm

The way the profile looks I would think that the iris should be the next dmx address in line. The right arm would be 1-6 and the iris would be 7. Try addressing the iris this way and see if that works. Are you using the port on the right arm to send dmx to the iris?

warrenlaw
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: little rock, ar

Post by warrenlaw » Fri Sep 10, 2010 12:43 am

dimmer goes in left dimmer column, apollo right arm address goes in addr 1 column, iris dmx address goes in addr 2 column.

barbarab

Post by barbarab » Sun Sep 19, 2010 9:32 pm

Thanks, guys. I had it addressed properly all along. After some troubleshooting, it seems that they did not like being in the second universe. Switching to the first universe and readdressing got them working, although I can't say I understand it. I tried swapping with the RightARms and putting them in the second universe instead, but then they had data problems. I tried a different node, same result. I had scrollers through the same ethernet port last show, in the second universe, and they were fine. Could it be a hub or ethernet issue? We have been plagued with system problems in this building since it opened five years ago, so maybe this is another one. But it doesn't seem to have been a profile problem.