LP VL:systeme load and no signal video after

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
bnortin
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Houston, TX

Re: LP VL:systeme load and no signal video after

Post by bnortin » Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:54 pm

Gooze - Tried swapping them, tried multiple VGA cables, and I've tried using 19" HP, 22" LG & 22" Acer monitors, all with no luck.

Bobby - In the display properties I've tried setting the 2nd display to 1024x768, 1280x1024 & 1680x1050, but everytime I check "Extend Desktop" and click apply it unchecks the box and grays out the 2nd display. In the advanced settings under the Intel Graphics tab, the 2nd display doesn't even show up. It tells me that if I want to use multiple displays I need to connect a 2nd monitor.

We had a similar issue with our other processor so I sent it back to Strand to get re-imaged. That solved the problem for about a week and then the 2nd display disappeared again. We sent it back to Strand, and we got a different processor sent back to us. That was about a month ago, and so far so good. Once this show closes in a few days I'll be able to send this one back to the factory.
Bryan Nortin
Electrician - Miller Outdoor Theatre - Houston, TX
ETCP Certified Entertainment Electrician #1619
Light Palette VL 10.8.8
Light Palette Live 10.8.8

gooze

Re: LP VL:systeme load and no signal video after

Post by gooze » Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:33 am

Are you connecting the desk and both monitors to the same powersocket? Earthloop can be the cause of physical damage to the VGA port in the long term and the cause of sometimes showing, sometimes not. I've had two different power outlets in the controlroom even lead to different powerstations in France... I was stupid enough to ignore the warning :oops:
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.