Admin Password

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
Victory2b
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Abbotsford BC Canada

Admin Password

Post by Victory2b » Wed Feb 17, 2010 1:54 pm

I was trying to install some software on my Palette VL when it asked for a (Windows) Administrator password. I talked with the person who first set it up and he did not put it on there so I was wondering if the first time setup adds some default password or something? Other wise how do I get rid of the password? seeing as how its is not normal windows I would not know where to begin to reinstall it. Not to mention my workaround for removing the passwords on windows PC's requires an optical drive that the board does not have.

Thanks in advance for the help.

TaineGilliam

Re: Admin Password

Post by TaineGilliam » Wed Feb 17, 2010 2:44 pm

Your Palette VL console comes with Windows XPE. The E stands for Embedded. There is no admin access outside of the factory. Installing additional software on the console is strongly discouraged.

If you let us know what you are trying to achieve we may be able to point you to a more suitable alternative.

Victory2b

Post by Victory2b » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:57 pm

I was trying to setup the software listed in the Open Source part of this form to allow me to control my board from my iPhone.

RobertBell
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Wed Feb 17, 2010 10:32 pm

You should be able to download that zip file to a thumb drive, then unzip it to d:\Web. You have privileges to write to d:\Web. I suggest deleting all of the contents of d:\Web first then make sure you unzip using folders. There should be an html file and a sub directory called files. There are full instructions at: http://dmxgadgets.com/
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

Victory2b

Post by Victory2b » Sat Mar 13, 2010 4:52 pm

Thanks for all the help with this. Now that my board is back from service I was able to get this all working and I love it. I just wish it had some sliders for the looks. Maybe I can modify Mote a bit to get them to work he was half way there with the buttons.