Presets keep changing

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
voeller

Presets keep changing

Post by voeller » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:53 am

Working with a school auditorium and I have done several lighting presets. My problem is from time to time, when we come in to use them, they have been changed. There are only two people (myself being one) who even know how to turn the system on and I know the other guy is not changing my presets. I get my lights set again and record them to the preset button and it'll work like a charm. Then a month or more may go by before I use that preset again and it's all screwed up.

Any suggestions? I still consider myself a novice on running this lighting system so keep that in mind. Thanks in advance!

gooze

Re: Presets keep changing

Post by gooze » Fri Nov 20, 2009 6:18 pm

Be sure that you have recorded every parameter in the preset, either by forcing a delta on all parameters before recording the preset or by using record live. If you did that you still can have 'nested' presets. Be sure every parameter is at a value instead of at a preset when recording a new preset. Otherwise you might end up with the lens info of another preset inside your new one. Whenever this nested preset get's changed your newly recorded preset will also change.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

MattKlasmeier

Re: Presets keep changing

Post by MattKlasmeier » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:20 pm

If you are using the word preset to refer to a Cue check the record mode of your console. You could be running into tracking issue. If tracking is on an you update a cue it could change the proceeding cues.