Only One Page Of Looks

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
GeoffGooch

Only One Page Of Looks

Post by GeoffGooch » Tue Nov 10, 2009 7:17 pm

I believe I have read this in a thread in the past but I wanted to make sure. I have a Light Palette Live so I use the pop up century panel displays available under Tools and also use the open source Virtual Century Panel. In either of these I can only access one page of Looks in any of group, position, color or beam. If this is indeed the case for everyone, is there a workaround as I am about to start a show that is going to need more than 25 position presets easily accessible.
I would also like to add that I would love to see a better integration of the century panel feature into the software as having it available on my second touch screen is really key to using this console with alot of movers in an efficient way, at least to me.

Thanks,
Geoff Gooch

gooze

Re: Only One Page Of Looks

Post by gooze » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:52 am

In hardware setup you can change your button array setup. It's divided into tabs for each type (Group = Bank A, Position = Bank B, Colour = Bank C, etc.)
You can add another page to each bank, selecting the appropriate Lookpage, the appropriate action (e.g. apply look for positions or select, then apply for groups) and the start number for the first look on the first key of each page (e.g. 1, 26, 51, etc.) and click add. Make sure they are in the right order.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

GeoffGooch

Post by GeoffGooch » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:24 pm

Excellent, that worked for me. This might be a question more for the open source forum but I am just going to continue my topic here for now. Page 2 of any set of palettes, whether Group, Color, Position or Beam, does not become available on the Virtual Century Panel Application until something is recorded to it. Is this a correct behavior?

Thanks,
Geoff Gooch

MattKlasmeier

Post by MattKlasmeier » Mon Nov 30, 2009 11:29 pm

Geoff,

I believe this is correct. The program queries the groups. If there is data present it then fills in the button if no data is present then nothing is populated. Robert, Gary or Allen would be the experts on this one.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Tue Dec 01, 2009 12:50 am

Correct (for now) but probably not ideal. It makes it difficult to add the 26th group, no?
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.