Radiance Hazer

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
Blockheads88
Primary Venue / Use: University
Where I Am: Long Island

Radiance Hazer

Post by Blockheads88 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 7:10 pm

Hi I have the Palette VL and trying to use a Radiance Hazer through DMX but keep getting problems and will not work.
The Hazer works under manual control but we keep having problems.
Anyone have any solutions?

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Radiance Hazer

Post by RobertBell » Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:29 pm

What type of DMX are you using? Is it coming from an N21 Node, a SN110 node or DMX from the desk - 5-pin? Have you changed USB DMX settings in Hardware Setup|Console? Are you getting flashing or solid DXM light on the hazer?

Could it be a personality thing? What mode are you using?
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

golights

Post by golights » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:51 pm

Use mine all the time and the dmx works fine. You should check that it is patched correctly. In patch by fixture the dmx address should be in the address 1 colum not in the dimmer colum. That would be the first thing I would check. In the patch screen If you select the fixture what would normally be the intensity would be the output of the hazer, so you should only have to wheel it up to get output. To adjust the fan speed you would need to select the fixture then select special (i think it is S9) The intensity and the fan attruibutes should show up on S3 and S4. Hope this helps.

amoyer

Post by amoyer » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:34 am

RobertBell wrote:What type of DMX are you using? Is it coming from an N21 Node, a SN110 node or DMX from the desk - 5-pin? Have you changed USB DMX settings in Hardware Setup|Console? Are you getting flashing or solid DXM light on the hazer?
According to Ultratec, depending on the interface chip code version, the current version of the Radiance Hazer should work with a full DMX refresh rate of 44Hz so the N21 Node should work with it. Of course, this is the problem we are having so I'm gathering we might have an older version of code on our interface chip and we might need to get an upgrade on our chip. More testing and info to come in the future... hopefully.
Andrew Moyer - Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
Light Palette Live (v10.8.6)
Rack Palette (v10.8.6)
Classic Palette ii(v10.8.5)

AmP
Primary Venue / Use: University
Where I Am: Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Post by AmP » Wed Jan 06, 2010 11:55 am

You know, we had a problem getting our radiance hazer to work with the LPL. It turned out that the board and patching were fine. The problem was the DMX switches were mounted upside down, AND the DMX input and output labels were swapped. Works great now. :|