mailing list?

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Re: mailing list?

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Thu Mar 11, 2010 4:20 pm

Thanks Carl for giving us a little more backstory on your particular problems. This website exists to help you solve them - regardless of the time of day. We have all had our share of problems throughout the development period (you should try using the V3 series of the console!!!), but the software development boys are pretty dedicated at helping where they can, as quick as they can. No other console's software team does this, and that is why Strand is re-capturing lost groud to its revals.

It still has plenty of work to do, but it will get there faster with good quality "critical" user support and feedback, so don't hold back when something irks you.

Following your post, I have posted in the BETA section some suggestions that might addess your original question in this post. Fingers crossed.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

Brennan
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: Foothills 130 KM East of the Canadian Rockies.

Re: mailing list?

Post by Brennan » Mon Apr 19, 2010 4:02 pm

Personally I would rather see a "Known Bugs and Work around" on this forum rather than with release notes. If the Known Bugs were here on these forums we would have the most up to date info and work arounds for them.

What needs to happen is to find a way to put them all in one place on this forum. A new topic index maybe?
Brennan Berry
Palette Live
v10.8.5 May 17, 2012
v10.8.2 December 10, 2010
v10.6.4 February 24, 2010
v10.6.3 January 11, 2010

House Lighting Technician
Southern Alberta Jubilee Auditorium
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
brennan.berry@gov.ab.ca