Auto reboot time event

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
amoyer

Auto reboot time event

Post by amoyer » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:07 am

After having a number of issues over the last while we have decided that to keep things running smoothly, we are going to reboot the console once a week. Rather then having to get staff to remember this, I would like to write a time event that will do this automatically.

Getting the console to reboot is pretty simple with the HC.SystemRestart command. The challenge I am faced with is about also restarting the tracking backup console such that they restart in the correct order to make the process seemless. Also, is it possible to have a message pop up on the screen that warns any user (not that they would really be working on the system at the time I want to reboot) with a countdown timer? Eg. "Console rebooting in 10...9...8..."

Do I send a telnet command to the tracking backup console to get it to reboot or is there a better way to do this?

For the park/museum/attraction setups are there tracking backup consoles that factor into these equations that are using these reboot sequences?
Andrew Moyer - Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
Light Palette Live (v10.8.6)
Rack Palette (v10.8.6)
Classic Palette ii(v10.8.5)

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Auto reboot time event

Post by RobertBell » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:27 pm

amoyer wrote:is it possible to have a message pop up on the screen that warns any user (not that they would really be working on the system at the time I want to reboot) with a countdown timer? Eg. "Console rebooting in 10...9...8..."
See the attached cue list. Have the time event run that cue list.

I'm not sure how to get the tracking backup to start in the right sequence. I'll have to scratch my head on that one.
Attachments
Reboot.spf
Countdown warning before reboot
(34.78 KiB) Downloaded 51 times
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

amoyer

Post by amoyer » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:07 pm

And what about forcing the tracking backup to reboot from the main console? Any ideas there? Can I use a lua script for this or something?
Rack Palette (v10.8.6)

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Tue Sep 22, 2009 7:40 pm

Will the tracking backup not run the HC.SystemShutdown thing? I'm not sure if we evaluate macro scripts when in tracking backup mode. I'm not in a place I can test right now (I'm in Beijing). Sorry
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

amoyer

Post by amoyer » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:00 pm

I'm not sure if it will or not. I'll give it a try tomorrow when I get back to the theatre.
Rack Palette (v10.8.6)

amoyer

Post by amoyer » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:50 am

So after a little experimentation, I have discovered that a console run as a Tracking Backup does not execute timed events. So, this takes me back to wondering if I can use a lua script to send a telnet message from the main console to the Tracking Backup console that would send a "HC.SystemRestart(true)" command?
Rack Palette (v10.8.6)