help for a newbie

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
voeller

help for a newbie

Post by voeller » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:18 pm

I am a brand new user of Strand Lighting and Palette software. The school I work at has a new auditorium with Strand lighting. I felt like I had a decent grasp of the basics of setting up a show and came in one evening to play around a bit. When I turned on the monitor a show was already there that another teacher had worked on. I wanted to start from scratch so I went to "file" and chose "new." Now, when I select fixtures, and use the wheel to put them at a level and hit "enter," nothing happens! I go back to the previously saved show and I can run it with no problems. But when I try to do a new show, I get no response from the lights. Any suggestions? Thanks!

tom

Re: help for a newbie

Post by tom » Wed Dec 10, 2008 8:45 pm

I guess it's the patch.

Go in your new clean file. The import the patch of the working file.
file - import Palette show - select working file - then just tick on the patch and nothing else.

I hope that helps.
Light palette : classic
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

voeller

Post by voeller » Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:05 am

Thanks, Tom. I'll give it a try.

MattKlasmeier

Post by MattKlasmeier » Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:40 am

My guess is that you have a networked based system. When you start a new show the Shownet option is disabled. If you go into patch and select patch routing check to see what is set to "Live Data". My guess is that Shownet is disabled. Compare the settings between the new show and the one that works. I would recommend starting a new show import the patch of the working show and then save it as a "template" . Then every time you want to start a new show open the template file and then save it as what ever show you are working on. You could also setup basic subs that you always use to save time from recreating it.

Welcome to the Forums and enjoy your new console.