Help file

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
amoyer

Help file

Post by amoyer » Mon Dec 01, 2008 5:15 pm

While looking through the help file contained within the Palette OS I discovered something that doesn't even exist. After Robert had posted something about using Ctrl+F1 to activate a variable, I tried looking up more information about this (didn't know that QWERTY keyboard shortcuts existed for variables). For starters, the help file says you can use Alt+F1 but that is of course the shortcut to the M keys. The help file also talks about "Virtual Macro Buttons" that you can display on the screen. As far as I can tell this was an old feature that existed, maybe even something that had carried over from the Marquee consoles. There have been other references here stating that the most up-to-date version of the help file is actually in the manual that can be downloaded from the Strand website. While I am glad that there is a pdf version online that is up-to-date, I think it would be useful for the version of the help file included with the Palette OS to also be up-to-date.

If memory serves me correctly, it is Strand that is responsible for the manual, and presumably the help file, maybe one of three things should happen here. Either update the help file, nuke the help file from existence of the Palette OS, or include (use) the manual with the Palette OS. The console is shipped with a version of Acrobat Reader (even if it is a very old version) so using it to display a pdf help file shouldn't be a problem.
Andrew Moyer - Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
Light Palette Live (v10.8.6)
Rack Palette (v10.8.6)
Classic Palette ii(v10.8.5)