All submasters in preset palette?

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
mwh

All submasters in preset palette?

Post by mwh » Thu Nov 27, 2008 2:49 pm

Is there a way to turn all of the sliders on my Preset Palette? It has 64 faders, plus 16 submasters. I would rather have 64 submasters. Is there an easy way to do this?

mwh

Re: All submasters in preset palette?

Post by mwh » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:51 am

I've recently been told that this isn't possible, anyone disagree? Please disagree and tell me how, i'm kinda desperate.

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Re: All submasters in preset palette?

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Sun Nov 30, 2008 3:13 am

There are a number of issues with this...
1) the preset palette is a deliberately "inexpensive" console so that it is affordable for "small" to "mid-sized" users. The pure fact that if these were actually subs, the console would be more expensive because of the increased capability. That might sound a little backwards to some users, but Strand is a business that ultimately has to turn a profit to survive. If you really wanted more subs, then ideally a bigger console should have been bought in the first place. I know that doesn't help you right now - but you should speak up and say what hardware configurations that you WOULD spend money on. That is what these guys should be hearing from you.
2) The software has to recognise and treat differently the "channel" control hardware as opposed to the sub control hardware. That means that in order to actually do what you want would require re-writing the software. That is not likely to be a viable solution, and that still does not help you.

Right now, you BEST solution is to learn how to deal with the Sub Pages feature and how to quickly navigate between pages. You can have as many pages as you like, and each page actually has capacity for 99,999 subs (even though you might only have 16 physical faders). That is the best solution you have right now.

(and if using the console like THIS you discover a problem with the way you want to work, there is a much better chance that a solution can be found)

I hope that helps!
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd