hard button for looks page

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
TaineGilliam

Re: hard button for looks page

Post by TaineGilliam » Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:12 pm

I think we need buttons for each "Mode" : Cues, Looks, Patch...

I also think the Blind button can then become a toggle.

The respective "Mode" buttons takes you to the mode in Live regardless of the Blind/Live state. Blind is always a toggle which does not change "Mode".

Changing to Looks really needs to not change high-lighted page in the Looks Directory(sticky from the previous use). And all of the keystrokes we are used to using for editting and recording that we currently have in Cues need to work in Looks.

An indicator in the Looks directory for the Look Page active on the submasters would be huge. Simply changing the "highlighted" page for viewing/editting live or blind should not change the hardware.

I REALLY like John's shortcuts - CTRL-C(Cues), CTRL-L(Looks), CTRL-P(Patch), CTRL-V(variables), CTRL-E(Events), CTRL-B(Blind/Live Toggle), CTRL-T(Levels/Times Toggle), CTRL-F(FX ;) )

Gooze's Idea of cycling through the pages as you press Next/Last and the "Mode" key is useful but a bit of a finger twister for CTRL-L+TAB and CTRL-L+SHIFT-TAB. But I guess the OLE user needs to suffer in some ways.

Taine

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Sat Nov 29, 2008 6:50 pm

CTRL-C or CTRL-Q for Cues...

I suggested Q because it puts "Cue" in the command line for OLE users, and I would like this function to be consistent with the CTRL-? option.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

TaineGilliam

Post by TaineGilliam » Mon Dec 01, 2008 3:29 pm

Good call, John. I wasn't thinking about that - CTRL-Q for cues is much better.

Taine