new palette user with some questions!

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
claire

new palette user with some questions!

Post by claire » Thu Nov 06, 2008 1:45 pm

Hello,
Im ne to the classic palette, due to starting a new job and the person im replacing is th only person who knew the desk so im trying to get up to speed quite quick, and unfortunatly, im only a basic strand 300/520 programmer, as im more use to ETC Congos and Expression...

I have a few questions mainly about effects, youve already answered one question by me looking on here which was about stopping an effect (changing the channels intensities)
but one question i do have is, how do i get to run 2 seperate effects on differet channels in the same cue..
ie channels 1 thru 4 doing a flicker and channels 10 thru 15 doing a random strobe effect, i can put the first effect on and record the cue, but when itry to select next set of channels and press Effect, it just gives me options to modify existing rather than adding another to the cue.

Also from for example in a flicker if i want to go between 30% and full how do i do that, or go from 0% to 50%, all i can seem to do is an effect from 0% to Full...

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Teching a show next week which i think will have a few effects in it! Help :D !!

Claire
Live Theatre
Newcastle Upon Tyne

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: new palette user with some questions!

Post by RobertBell » Thu Nov 06, 2008 4:24 pm

While in a cue, if you press FX, it just selectes the running FX. You need to DOUBLE PRESS FX (or S10) to add a new FX. If you don't it just pages the paramaters of the selected FX. Make sure in the display menu you have RUNNING EFFECTS check off.

For flicker size, press FX (or S10-Effects) until the WAVE SIZE encoder bank is visible. Then change the first encoder (called Size) from SCALE to HI/LOW, then the second encoder will change the HIGH value. (Shift and second encoder will change the [Low] value).

When you are happy, update the cue.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

claire

Post by claire » Thu Nov 13, 2008 12:42 pm

thanks for that, all working well but just another question..
if im making a chase, im selecting channels i want in it and then selecting chase, but it was always seem to just give me one channel per step.. if i have 4 channels, how do i make it 2 channels in 2 steps rather than always single steps and single channels??

thanks

Claire
technician
live theatre

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Thu Nov 13, 2008 4:03 pm

claire wrote:how do i make it 2 channels in 2 steps rather than always single steps and single channels??
In this case, what I do is a Cue List Chase -
1) create a new cue list with exactly the steps I want to create, and set all times to 0 (if you want the steps to snap).
2) in your main "show" cue list, re-select those channels, and hit FX as described earlier to create a new effect, and select "Cue List Chase"

While not exactly the same, this process is closer to the 300/500 way of doing effects. Yes there are extra steps here (and yes there are discussions going one for how to simplify this), but there is a whole lot more you can do with this new effect engine.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

claire

Post by claire » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:31 am

Hi there again,
working on a show at the moment, and i thought i had the effects sorted until the L.D asked for a chase with four scrolls to move through the scroll with each step and change colour......? help!?
i think what im trying to ask for (working on the older version of software) is for a slow chase 4 steps one channel per step but the scrolls attached need to change colour with each step?
any ideas, thanks v.much!
claire