color looks for moving lights

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
Bastiaan

Re: color looks for moving lights

Post by Bastiaan » Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:48 am

Hello Floriaan and Bobby,

Thanks again for the answers! I already do know that you can record in different ways, I also do know about the looks and how to store what in the different looks. In exploring the desk the basics are known, at least .... that's what I think ;-).

One thing I wanted for looks is to have them default LTP, because that's what they always must be, not HTP. Maybe I'd better post that in "operational issues" (?).

The question I started with was how to make universal presets (thanks Taine) for colors, gobo's etcetera. Now I know there is no such thing and that only copying does the work with a whole lot (!) of keystrokes.

The next thing I encountered is a strange behaviour of the moving lights with color active when I record a colorlook. I found out that that behaviour is dependant of choosing for "Goto cue on record" in the show set up (S2), then cue list (S10). In my opinion it is strange that something about recording cue's is affecting the recording of a look. Maybe that s also something for the "operational issues"(?) .

I am very glad that I can call Bobby for help! Though I do have contact with Barndoor in the Netherlands and with Amber Tomlin in the UK. But, you never know :-)

Bastiaan

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Thu Oct 02, 2008 12:27 pm

Bastiaan wrote:One thing I wanted for looks is to have them default LTP, because that's what they always must be, not HTP.
I figure you know, but only the Intensities are HTP. Attributes are always LTP on subs.

I, myself, (and all Marquee users) have Looks record LTP. I like having two "LOOKS" (or, as I sometimes refer to it, ART) on two handles, and when the handle reaches the top, I know I have that art back on stage - EVEN if some lights have to go down in level to acheive it.

Different idiologies.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:13 am

Hello Robert,

I also always like to have my intensities HTP and the attribute looks LTP. Sofar we do have the same ideology.

But in recording a colorlook every time I have to change (S5) the look type to LTP.

Is there somewhere in the setup a default setting, so that all the attribute looks automatically are recorded as LTP?

Bastiaan

gooze

Post by gooze » Tue Oct 07, 2008 10:11 am

If you go to the Look-display and select the position or colour page it says HTP in the looktype column, but I am sure it is LTP. You don't have to change this, just ignore...
In fact I also do not believe in an inhibitive position look. I think these looktype options should be removed for clarity.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:17 am

If you only have attributes (col, pos etc.) in a Look, the HTP vs. LTP setting makes no difference. We never resolve attributes HTP (what would it mean to have +5 degrees being more important than -10 degs?)
gooze wrote:In fact I also do not believe in an inhibitive position look. I think these looktype options should be removed for clarity.
Are you suggesting that if the look does not have INT. recorded in it, the HTP and Inbibative options in the combo box would be greyed out?
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

gooze

Post by gooze » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:06 pm

RobertBell wrote:Are you suggesting that if the look does not have INT. recorded in it, the HTP and Inbibative options in the combo box would be greyed out?
Maybe to avoid confusion that would be a good idea.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

Bastiaan

Post by Bastiaan » Wed Oct 08, 2008 5:23 am

Hi,

I agree with the greying out of that box, good idea! That will be more clear and makes more sense.

Now there is still left the behaviour of recording a look as I described before. That it depends of choosing for "Goto cue on record" in the show set up (S2), then cue list (S10). I think it is still strange that something about recording cue's is affecting the recording of a look. I did try that on more basic consoles (I have more than one console).

I hope anybody knows about that.

Bastiaan

GaryDouglas

Post by GaryDouglas » Wed Oct 08, 2008 1:29 pm

bastiaan wrote:The next thing I encountered is a strange behaviour of the moving lights with color active when I record a colorlook. I found out that that behaviour is dependant of choosing for "Goto cue on record" in the show set up (S2), then cue list (S10). In my opinion it is strange that something about recording cue's is affecting the recording of a look. Maybe that s also something for the "operational issues"(?) .
Can you please describe to me what's happening if Goto On Record is set? You are correct, this should have no effect on recording looks!

Thanks.
Gary Douglas - Lead Software Developer - Pathway Connectivity - A Division of Acuity Brands Lighting Canada.