House Light Submaster

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
SimonWatson

House Light Submaster

Post by SimonWatson » Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:59 am

I want to make a submaster to control the houselights. The houselights are plotted into the cues, but in order to stop anybody taking them out on the remote during interval checks etc. I need the sub to have the highest priority. If I set the sub to HTP with a priority of 1, the remote will not control the houselights, but when I push up the submaster on the desk to take control, I temporarily blackout the house. I don't remember this happening on the 520.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: House Light Submaster

Post by RobertBell » Sat Sep 27, 2008 9:04 am

Try LTP Priority 1 and let us know.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

BillRichards

Post by BillRichards » Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:41 pm

Simon,

When you did this on the 500 series you used a Exclusive submaster? Correct?

In this way as long as the Submaster was down the lights would not come on at all.

If this is the case and you are using 10.3.x or greater, try changing the Look type to "Exclusive"
Attachments
Exclusive Sub.jpg
Exclusive Sub.jpg (75.4 KiB) Viewed 1220 times
Bill Richards - Products and Marketing - Strand Lighting Europe Limited

SimonWatson

Post by SimonWatson » Sun Sep 28, 2008 4:30 am

Hi

I've tried the to set the look to exclusive and when in this mode I don't seem to be able to access the channel through channel control, and so can't plot it into a cue. I have also tried LTP but get the same result as HTP when the submaster initially takes over from the cue, i.e the sub is sending an almost zero figure and that's what I get.

BillRichards

Post by BillRichards » Sun Sep 28, 2008 5:24 am

That is correct. Being an exclusive submaster, it is only that submaster that can control the channel. Hence the channel control or cues should not be able to control the channel.

Perhaps an Inhibitive master is what you are after? In this way, when that master is down, the lights will not come up. You could still plot the channel in cues, but they (should) appear on the output proportionally controlled by that submaster.

Does this solve what you need?
Bill Richards - Products and Marketing - Strand Lighting Europe Limited

SimonWatson

Post by SimonWatson » Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:41 am

I'm not sure if I'm explaining this correctly. I think what I may be talking about is a sort of reverse inhibit. When I go to the interval cue state the houselights come up as plotted, but then by pushing the houselight submaster up I lock the houselights at the level they are in the cue. Then if somebody on the remote does a go to cue zero or calls up the HL circuit by mistake, thay can't do any damage. What I don't want is for the submaster to take control of the houselights at zero% thus blacking them out, and the fade them up. We used to have this and I can't remember how we did it.

lxpalette
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: In my car with the engine running

Post by lxpalette » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:04 am

Hi Simon
It was done on an Independant submaster. Thereby when you had house lights plotted in cues they still happened but when you had the sub fader live then the sub took control.

bAz ;)

SimonWatson

Post by SimonWatson » Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:19 am

Hi Baz

So can we still do this?

lxpalette
Primary Venue / Use: Professional Theatre
Where I Am: In my car with the engine running

Post by lxpalette » Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:36 am

Hi Simon

It's a Bill or Robert question really. But as far as I know there is no Independant sub anymore.
I would be tempted to play with the assertive LTP but I don't think it's what you need really.
Failing that you may need to "hold" the channel in the required cues that way no one else can take control without "unholding" them.

bAz
:roll:

SimonWatson

Post by SimonWatson » Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:28 am

I'll give the hold thing a try

Cheers