Browser control

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
tom

Re: Browser control

Post by tom » Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:27 am

I've been wrestling with it for a while but still no joy.

I've disabled the firewall.
appWeb is not running until i launch it manually, but then it chugs away happily in the task manager.
Web server is enabled in the hardware setup.
ip - mouse over the network panel gives me the ip, but now I'm trying to do it locally so it's just 127.0.0.1
Index.html is in /web, with a very simple page with just one command. A go for the ab crosser.
The HC. command tests fine when i put it in a variable.
http://127.0.0.1/script.mq?HC.CueListGo('ab') cuelist is named ab.

At the moment I'm not trying to access it from another machine, first I just want to make contact from the desk itself.
Any help? I'm fairly stuck.

I see in the appweb.exe that it's "document root" is pointing at d:/webserver/web, maybe that should be pointing at d:/web?
Light palette : classic
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:22 pm

tom wrote:I see in the appweb.exe that it's "document root" is pointing at d:/webserver/web, maybe that should be pointing at d:/web?
Where are you seeing this? In WebServer.conf? I have "\Web".

Have a look at the access.log and error.log in d:\Web

What is the version of XPE on that machine (top left corner of control panel)?

I've tested local contro here. It works. You likely need the network cable plugged in and active to have any of the TCP stack working.

I'm concerned that going into Hardware Setup and turning on ENABLE WEB SERVER is not running appweb.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

Kuni

Post by Kuni » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:15 am

Hi Tom,

maybe that RobertBell gives the right sign.
Some of the applications that work with network needs the TCP/IP-Stack to work. Funny thing in the Windows world is that the most of this services will only start if there is a real network connection. That means with a stand alone unit without a cabele connect to a Hub or Switch this services will not start. there a in the computer but they don´t start.
If you connect the computer to a Hub / Switch the networkcard will start to work and the services will be loaded, and, may be, the services you need will work....
.kuni.
............kuni................................
pimpedPalette VL16, Soft V10.8.5

tom

Post by tom » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:18 am

I think the problem is more fundemental than that.

I've just tried it on our classic palette and I go it working with no problems at all.

What you said is correct robert, the appweb is not being launched when i enable the web server. I'll try reinstalling the software and see if that makes any difference.
Nederlands Dans Theater.

"Come forth and thy shalt win eternal happiness", but he came fifth, so he won an electric toaster.

tom

Post by tom » Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:43 am

I think I've found the problem.
Oddly, in the case of my palette the Webserver folder is in the root directory and not in the horizon folder. I dont have the permission to move the folder or create a new folder within /horizon. I can do what I want in subfolders. I've tried reinstalling the software (10.4.2) but that did'nt change anything in the horizon folder.
Ideas?
Nederlands Dans Theater.

tom

Post by tom » Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:15 am

Scratch this all, I've got it working.

If anyone else has trouble with it, in my case, to sum up it was because the Webserver folder was not in the horizon directory. After that it's all fairly self explanitory.
Nederlands Dans Theater.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:21 am

Glad it's working. Not sure how the folder was placed wrong. Must have been a left over from a very old install (not that I even remember when it was elsewhere).
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

gooze

Post by gooze » Tue Oct 07, 2008 12:08 pm

It is at a different place than stated in the usermanual anyhow... But hey, that's only the manual! I'm not sure about the helpfiles...
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.