WS2000 password

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
amoyer

WS2000 password

Post by amoyer » Wed Aug 27, 2008 6:59 pm

I just receieved shipment of most of the items we ordered (everything but the LP Live) and was trying to look at the configuration of the WS2000 wireless network switch that was included in the package. According to the manual for the WS2000 the default password has to be changed the first time it is accessed. So I know the password is no longer "symbol". Anyone know what the factory is changing these passwords to? I tried the obvious ones already (strand, lighting, etc). I have a message in to our dealer to get the answer too, but I thought this might be quicker if someone else knew the answer here.
Andrew Moyer - Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
Light Palette Live (v10.8.6)
Rack Palette (v10.8.6)
Classic Palette ii(v10.8.5)

DavidPark

Re: WS2000 password

Post by DavidPark » Thu Aug 28, 2008 3:15 pm

Can you please tell me why you want to log into the WS2000? Symbol stages these units for us to have specific IP address to work with our consoles. The password should only be used by a Strand technician if there is a specific need. By having an end user start changing configurations and the system fails, our technical support team at Strand would have no idea what the troubles would be if we were called for tech support. Altering the configuration also jeopardizes the warranty of the system. Please contact me direct at david.park@strandlighting.com or 714-230-8154.