Palette VL

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
golights

Palette VL

Post by golights » Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:16 pm

I was suprised to see the new Palette VL on the Strand site. It is a nice looking console and should fit in between the Palette and the Light Palette very well. What I would like to know is if Strand will be offering a "wing" with the Intelligent lighting buttons and encoders any time in the future. I for one would love to have the buttons. I am using the Centry Buttons on my laptop but its a pain to move back and forth between the two. I am also wondering why a Grand Master Fader wasn't added to the Palette VL. The missing GM Fader on the Palette has been talked about alot on this forum and it would seem to be one of the first additions on a new console. With all that said I still love may Palette and look forward to 10.4
Great Job and thanks for the hard work!

AlanMartello
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Re: Palette VL

Post by AlanMartello » Tue Sep 02, 2008 4:09 pm

golights wrote:The missing GM Fader on the Palette has been talked about alot on this forum and it would seem to be one of the first additions on a new console. With all that said I still love may Palette and look forward to 10.4
Great Job and thanks for the hard work!
1. Thanks for mentioning the missing GM Fader on the Palette. We sometimes forget the simple things that would make many people's lives easier. I just escalated the priority of that one in our tracking system.
2. 10.4 has been released to the factory and should be available for download within the next day or so, from what I know today.
Alan Martello, Ph.D. - System Architect - Horizon Control Inc.

DAN
Primary Venue / Use: University
Where I Am: Anderson Center-NY

Post by DAN » Sun May 31, 2009 9:23 am

So after reading , online, the manual for the Palette VL where is the Grand master that is mentioned? I know other people have mentioned it would be great for the console to have a Grandmaster. Is the Grandmaster going to become an option of how you set up a Sub/Look master similar to a 500 series console???? Seems silly to have a such a powerful desk not have a Grandmaster fader or no way to make a fader a Grandmaster- sorry a button that you press does not cut it.
Thanx.

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Post by RobertBell » Sun May 31, 2009 10:05 am

For now you will have to record an inhibitive sub. I think you are right that there should be a SUB TYPE called GM.
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.