Actions and time

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
jeroenhelsloot

Actions and time

Post by jeroenhelsloot » Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:04 am

I want to go back from one cue to another. When I use the action-option (cue 6, Cue-action, next Cue 1) and use [GO], the time this cross takes does not take any wait- or down-times I have recorded in the cue I would like to go back to.. (Cue 1 Cue time 3/3, down 3/6). It will cross in the up-time (here:3), without the wait and without the downtime.
What am I doing wrong?
Thanks! Jeroen

gooze

Re: Actions and time

Post by gooze » Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:20 am

Hi Jeroen and welcome to the forum! Nice to 'see' you again :D

I think you should use [GOTO][cue number]{S12 - In Recorded Time}{S10 - Follow} to achieve what you want.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

jeroenhelsloot

Post by jeroenhelsloot » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:28 am

Thanks Floriaan, and hello to you. I'm back on the "Strand-nest", getting to know the Palette.. Your option works, but it's not what I wanted.. Your suggestion is for one time, but I would like to link a cue more permanently to another cue.. The obvious thing to do seems to me the action-page.. And it's not only if you link to the first cue but to any cue previously in the cue-list..
I'm still trying but no result.. Anybody else other suggestions?
Jeroen

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:32 am

Do you want a permanent loop to another cue earlier in the list?

Double -click in the Action column next to the cue you want to link from. That will bring up a window with a variety of options. Is that what you want?
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

gooze

Post by gooze » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:55 am

He wants to change the order of the cues permanently. (What used to be LINK in GeniusPro) Apparently this doesn't work entirely correct on 10.3.1. I've tested it on 10.3.41 and it works ok. I cannot test on the older software, but it seems to be fixed for the nest software release.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

jeroenhelsloot

Post by jeroenhelsloot » Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:31 am

Thanks Floriaan.

I've tested some other things and it's not only doing this by going back. Also when I'm jumping from cue 5 to 10 and skip the others inbetween it's not taking any wait- or downtimes in account.
For the people who didn't know what I wanted: If you need to do a highlight-presentation of a performance and you need the first ten minutes, the hit in the middle and the end-song of a show, whit the hit also as an encore.. I always linked the needed cues with the 300 and did not have to save all the cues to a different show. After this presentation I deleted the links and the show was ready to go fullsize again. This was what I was looking for on my Classic Palette. Let's hope it's like Floriaan said and fixed in the updayed software..
Jeroen