Palette offline for vista?

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
Harrison

Palette offline for vista?

Post by Harrison » Sun Aug 03, 2008 10:26 am

Any idea if ever, if the offline editor will ever come out for Vista? or is it impossible?
Harrison Cooke - Programmer/Production LX - http://www.harrisoncooke.com

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Re: Palette offline for vista?

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:35 pm

The beta versions has a Vista build, so I daresay that is firmly on the radar. As to whether this will be released with the imminent version upgrade, I'll let HC answer that, but I cannot see any reason why not - though as I understand it Vista is more CPU intensive and may be a little slower as a result.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

AlanMartello
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Re: Palette offline for vista?

Post by AlanMartello » Sun Aug 03, 2008 8:06 pm

Harrison wrote:Any idea if ever, if the offline editor will ever come out for Vista? or is it impossible?
Yes. Previously, we were dragging our feet because on some of our laptops, we've been seeing terrible screen display problems. However, we have determined that it is not a problem with the OLE software but with Intel's Vista drivers for their 965 video chipset. A workaround we are testing is to disable the Vista Aero features (the fancy windowing features). This appears to fix the problem. We plan on doing more testing but are feeling much better about running the OLE under Vista. We will continue with the beta Vista builds and likely issue a "real" build of the OLE for Vista by LDI (if not before).
Alan Martello, Ph.D. - System Architect - Horizon Control Inc.