Is this syntax for real??

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
HerrickGoldman

Is this syntax for real??

Post by HerrickGoldman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:08 am

OK SO I want to record a palette with a sharp gobo

I think its 51@@ S7, S2, S1 (gobo is sharp and selected) rec, S2,M7,S9,M7,M8,S5 type label enter

wow that's abunch of keystrokes and hand movement from a 5 button wide bank to a 6 button wide bank.. I gotta look at the buttons each time too.

only 20 more gobos to go

HerrickGoldman

Re: Is this syntax for real??

Post by HerrickGoldman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:41 am

And just so no one thinks I only complain. The color text match with LED's is BRILLIANT! I've never gotten color this good from LED's.

gooze

Post by gooze » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:25 pm

I don't bother to make gobo palettes anymore, since the gobonames (S7, doubleclick/double press S2) are almost spot-on.

But...
everything goes a bit faster if you set the group-key temporarily to the gobopalette. You just press: [Rec][GROUP][1][Enter]
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

HerrickGoldman

Post by HerrickGoldman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:44 pm

i've got a custom gobo load in my mac700's. what is the syntax to set the group key to gobo?

gooze

Post by gooze » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:06 pm

Go to {S2 Show Option} General {S7 Group key look page} and set that to gobo... or position.. or even group!
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

jgross
Primary Venue / Use: Regional Theatre
Where I Am: Northern California

Post by jgross » Tue Jul 22, 2008 4:21 pm

You can also make custom gobo labels very simply. Under patch choose S10 [Edit Profiles], than press S2 or click on the "Profile New/Copy/Delete" button and select the appropriate sized wheel from the cascade menu. Leave the input and output values as and simply edit the labels to describe what you want. Close the dialogue box. Now select the channel number of your first fixture, the command line will auto-populate with "Patch Fixture #" choose S10 [Profile] then choose M3 [gb Select] (you may have to hit M12 until you see it). Your M-Keys will auto-populate with all the valid profiles for the gobo select attribute. Choose your new profile from the list and hit enter. Repeat for as many fixtures as necessary. Hope this helps.

Jim

HerrickGoldman

Post by HerrickGoldman » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:11 pm

Thanks Jim. That sounds helpful. I'll do it after I tech. I'm afraid to mess with it while actively teching.