Fader Lag

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
jeremyw

Fader Lag

Post by jeremyw » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:15 am

Hey...

Just a question in regards to the physical faders on the Palette...
When I had the sub at physical 50% mark on the desk it was showing 35%, I was able to get the channel to 0% on the screen and visably on the lamp without getting the fader to the bottom... is this a known fault or a glith in the desk>

Cheers,

jeremy

AmberTomlin
Primary Venue / Use: Trade Shows
Where I Am: London, UK

Re: Fader Lag

Post by AmberTomlin » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:15 am

Hi Jeremy

First and foremost - which version of software are you running? To check this hover above the top tool bar and click on help, then choose about palette. You should see a seletion of numbers here.

There could be a number of reasons for this difference in the output compared to the sub placement. The submasters can be controlled from various points of the software not only from the hardware. I would suggest, to help me check your question, click on S5 Display, and roll the mouse down to the option Virtual Subs. Here you can see the level of the sub on the top of the screen. Let me know if you have any symbol's next to the level detail.

Such as < > or a *.

Kind Regards
Amber Tomlin
Amber Tomlin

Key Account Manager - UK
Philips Entertainment

jeremyw

Post by jeremyw » Mon Jul 21, 2008 8:46 am

Hi Amber,

Desk is running the latest software release, I cant remember the number but was done only a few days ago. I have the virtual subs displayed as there is no room to put tape and write near the bottom row of subs which is very frustrating so I was using the virtual subs to give me an idea of levels. They were also aligned to what was happening, then the virtual sub said 0 the channel was still on and when it said 50% the channels were still at 35% this is assuming the channel was at 100% when the sub was at 100% for example...

very weird happenings and somewhat frustrating as it prevented a smooth fade out as it occured alot quicker than fading on a sub should allow!

cheers,

jeremy

gooze

Post by gooze » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:02 pm

Are you sure it is a release and not a beta (test software, for testing only, not for running shows)?
The latest release is 10.3.1, the latest beta is 10.3.27, with a new release coming up relatively soon I believe.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

jeremyw

Post by jeremyw » Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:13 am

It is 10.3.1, the desk is actually Bytecrafts Demo/Loan model. I dont have it here anymore but was curious as to why it was doing it, if there was no apparent reason it would do it then I thought it may be a fault with the desk?

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:27 am

Hey Jeremy
Never seen that fault before (and I have used that actual desk quite a bit). Could have been having an odd moment, but I will look into it when the console returns. It is as if the virtual fader had been moved, while the hardware fader was up. What "should" happen is that the hardware fader "collects" the fader position as it passes through that level.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

jeremyw

Post by jeremyw » Wed Jul 23, 2008 5:22 am

Hey John,

Thats what I had assumed, it was doing that aswell. It was just very weird as for the show he relies alot on 2 of the subs which is how I noticed it. was a very strange thing and I know it can happen on the 300's from time to time and a restart will fix it so im not sure... see if it still does it when it returns??

cheers,
jeremy