You asked for it

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
HerrickGoldman

You asked for it

Post by HerrickGoldman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 7:24 pm

OK CXI in CMY mode. Suppose I have 2 pars on a two fer in dimmer 5. They function as channel 20. But each par has a CXI. in patch I can only give channel 20 one cxi so I have to address both my cxi's in the air as the same thing. OR should I make a phantom CXI somewhere with no intensity attached? It is not possible to assign the same dimmer to 2 CXI's as the intensity for each....

Does this make sense?

another item... How do I tell that a fixture is highlighted? Other than the fact that it is on in white on my stage? The color bubble goes blank.. there should be a note on the screen like "parked" on an ETC board... more as things come up.

thanks.

is there anyway to make this BBS send an e-mail when there is a reply? Other boards have that feature.

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Re: You asked for it

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:07 pm

HerrickGoldman wrote:Suppose I have 2 pars on a two fer in dimmer 5. They function as channel 20. But each par has a CXI. in patch I can only give channel 20 one cxi so I have to address both my cxi's in the air as the same thing. OR should I make a phantom CXI somewhere with no intensity attached? It is not possible to assign the same dimmer to 2 CXI's as the intensity for each
I have encountered the dual scroller issue before. I found that the "best" solution at the moment is to treat them as to separate lights. Record them as a "group", then you can grab them quickly and easily. Numbering is up to you, but 20 + 120 is an option. There is a request in the pipeline to be able to patch two fixtures to the one dimmer (the old Galaxy had this - this would solve the problem), so whatever you did to one, the other did as well. Not sure where that idea is at right now.
HerrickGoldman wrote:How do I tell that a fixture is highlighted? Other than the fact that it is on in white on my stage? The color bubble goes blank.. there should be a note on the screen like "parked" on an ETC board... more as things come up.
Highlighted lights should look like this...
Highlight.jpg
Highlight.jpg (21.65 KiB) Viewed 1198 times
You can see I have selected 4 lights here. Any light that does not have a delta has the little "sun" icon. That is highlighted. Ch 3 is also highlighted, but it also has underlying values that are deltaed. As a result, the sun is not shown. Yes - it would be nice if it was! The color bubble goes blank, because that is what highlight does (maybe the sun icon could appear there?)
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

HerrickGoldman

Post by HerrickGoldman » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:12 pm

Ah thanks. yes my units were delta-ed thanks. makes sense.

gooze

Post by gooze » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:23 am

The most sensible solution in my opinion would be to give both CXI's the same dmx adress... unless you want to do something different with the two of them.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

HerrickGoldman

Post by HerrickGoldman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 7:55 am

yes in a perfect world that would be fine. but occasionally a CXI has a slightly burned gel or what if it has an error during the show and you need to take control of the individual head. Thanks though.

HerrickGoldman

Post by HerrickGoldman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:37 am

OK back to the CXI dual head issue.

I've got chanels 19 and 20 each with 2 pars and 2 CXI's. 19& 20 work fine as a fixture with color

I created a fixture 219 and 220 made them CXI CMY and addressed the CXi channels at 420 and 422 (the CXi's scroll to open white as they should)

when I go Live and hit 19+20 @@ they go Deltaed but the value is at 0 S6 S4 and the wheel have no control on the scrolls and my cmy bubble read -15728% across colors ABC

Do I need to assign a ghost intensity dimmer?

doing the same exact thing with 19+20 gets 90% on the Y bubbles and the scrolls behave.

Now if i patch 219 & 220 at 56 + 57 they work fine. am I above my channel range?

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:11 pm

What version is your software? Make sure you are running the latest release (10.3.1).

I thought they had fixed this but if you have a 300ch console, there used to be problems creating fixtures higher then that number. I'll re-check this myself when I get in front of a console later today.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

HerrickGoldman

Post by HerrickGoldman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:31 pm

I am on 10.3.1 yes. Thanks.

gooze

Post by gooze » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:20 pm

HerrickGoldman wrote:is there anyway to make this BBS send an e-mail when there is a reply? Other boards have that feature.
If you press reply, you will see an 'options' tab underneath the post field. Here you can specify 'Notify me when a reply is posted'
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

HerrickGoldman

Post by HerrickGoldman » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:30 pm

yeah found it yestiddy...thanks