Inhibit Master

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
jeremyw

Inhibit Master

Post by jeremyw » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:18 am

Hey,

I had created an Inhibit Master for my FOH fixtures during a ballet to use during Curtain Calls. This was not a problem and the Inhibit worked fine. However, I wanted to add some channels for the Perches, Dress fills etc. so I went into the looks page, set it to blind mode, added the channels I wanted at full and updated the look. At the same time I was doing this I had a cue outputting during the show. I went back to live and tried the Inhibit but for some reason the desk had recorded the outputting cue as the channels I wanted in the inhibit, I changed cues and tried again but had the same problem and Could not figure out why. I tried clearing the sub in blind and trying but to no luck, again the same problem. In the end I had to release the playback, and delete the entire inhibit look and recreate a new one from scratch...

Has anyone ever come across this, and why did it do it?

Cheers,

jeremy

RobertBell
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: Horizon Control Inc

Re: Inhibit Master

Post by RobertBell » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:58 am

Eeks - sounds like it was doing a LIVE record even when you where in BLIND. It should be doing a DELTA record in BLIND. Which version were you using? I think we've fixed it so BLIND is always a REC DELTA. In any case, you can change the record type once you press the rec button. Were you using UPDT or REC?
Robert Bell - Product Manager - Horizon Control Inc.

jeremyw

Post by jeremyw » Sun Jul 20, 2008 1:33 am

I was using the record button. IE. set up my look in blind mode by adjusting channels that I wanted then typed Look 1 REC * and it asked me if I was sure and I said Yes, then it would record the current outputting cue into the Inhibit even though I was in blind mode!!!! it was very frustrating...

What is this delta record etc.

Cheers,

Jeremy

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Sun Jul 20, 2008 5:39 am

Whenever you hit "Record", you should see in the command line something like:
Record [Live] (Cue X)

The "type" of recording is in the square Brackets. You will notice one of the soft keys says "record type". Hiot it and you get another couple of options...
- Live means it is recording the live output from the desk.
- Deltas are the little triangles that pop up when you alter something
- Selected are the lights you currently have selected.

Now, working in Look Blind, you should probably update changes rather then record - but I have noticed some odd behavior in this area in the past. For Example...
- editing in blind a sub while that sub is > then zero can create a "Phantom Sub" that locks up some levels.

The programming team have made some huge leaps with the console, Some of these problems will be solved with that. When the current Beta becomes the release version, you will see what I mean.
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd