Gooseneck lamps

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
amoyer

Gooseneck lamps

Post by amoyer » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:09 pm

Quick question, what is the connection for the gooseneck lamps on a Light Palete Live? From the installation guide it is not clear although it looks to be a USB connector. I guess that would mean I can't reuse the 3 pin xlr Littlite's that I have on my 550i right now.

Also, I didn't notice one, but is there a gooseneck lamp connector for the Classic Palette too?
Andrew Moyer - Oakville Centre for the Performing Arts
Light Palette Live (v10.8.6)
Rack Palette (v10.8.6)
Classic Palette ii(v10.8.5)

gooze

Re: Gooseneck lamps

Post by gooze » Sat Jun 28, 2008 9:31 am

I think it is a special usb-light. You can use the ones from Strand if you want to able to dim them from the software, otherwise buy cheap ($10) usb lights and plug them into a spare usb-port or powered hub. (Available from: RadioShack (US) or FNAC (Fr/be))

The Classic palette has no dedicated light-ports. So on a CP you can only use the standard usb-lights.

See the installation manual on Strands website for a detailed view of the back of the console with all the available ports.
Floriaan Ganzevoort - Lighting designer
THEATERMACHINE design. production. operations.

MattKlasmeier

Re: Gooseneck lamps

Post by MattKlasmeier » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:21 pm

The current connection for the Desk lights on a Light Palette series is a 3-pin XLR. The desk lamps from a 520 should work no problem. I'm using old LBM lamps on my console. This also gives you the ability to control them from the desk. If you want to go crazy you can even write them in cues using macros.

Pinout:
1=N/C
2= V+
3= Com

Voltage is about 0-11 VDC.