"Captured channel"

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
BrianShield

"Captured channel"

Post by BrianShield » Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:04 pm

I am running a Palette Classic with two separate cue lists. Macros in the Main cue list fire two cues in the second cue list which in turn brings a channel up to 50% and back down. (This is being used to trigger Rosco Keystroke for a projection system.) Simple enough. All was working fine. Now the level seems to be registering at 0%. The macros all seem to be running fine. A brown solid box appears around the channel level signifying it is in a different cue list (normal) but the level only goes to 0% instead of 50%. When this happens there is a thin red box around the level. No inhibitive subs are currently programmed. That was my only guess. Any thoughts? Thanks.

Brian

JohnGrimshaw
Primary Venue / Use: Other
Where I Am: International Man of Mystery

Re: "Captured channel"

Post by JohnGrimshaw » Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:23 pm

By default (and this really is an annoying one), the FADERS for your C/D cue list controls are set up as (left) Playback Master and (right) manual cue progression. I suspect the first fader is simply "out".

Go into Hardware Setup, and DISABLE both the AB and CD faders. You can decide what to actually do with them later.

(it would be nice if these were disabled by default, and enabled when people actually set up what the console is doing!)
...and for more entertainment industry trivia and useless facts, just ask:
John Grimshaw
Managing Director
Stage Fast Pty Ltd

BrianShield

Re: "Captured channel"

Post by BrianShield » Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:29 pm

Thanks John. I'll give that a whirl when I get to the theatre. Thanks again.

Brian