Old Software

Questions on Palette and Light Palette operation and features
grum

Old Software

Post by grum » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:36 am

Just got a Pallete back from repair and its loaded with V10 software.

This desk is only used by students as I use my own desk for shows that I work on.

All my students prefer the old software as that is what they are used to.

Is there anywhere I can get a copy of the old software so that they can use this desk?

If I've got to teach them how to use a new operating system I'd rather just save myslef time, keep the strand in the box and teach them how to use my desk, so please no suggestions about how V10 is better and they should take the time to learn the new software - they're not that interested.

Thanks in advance

AmberTomlin
Primary Venue / Use: Trade Shows
Where I Am: London, UK

Re: Old Software

Post by AmberTomlin » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:07 pm

I believe that version 3.4.15 is still on the strand website - however I would strongly recommend sticking with Version 10.

Version 10 - for all it's differences is a build of the older software but with a lot more ease of use and also a lot more features. The bugs that were occuring in the greg software have been smoothed out /fixed - thus making the programming on the console much smoother and easier!!

If you would like to go throught the set up of the desk to make it as much like the older version of software please feel free to contact me by telephone at Strand Europe's base on 01293 554010. We also have training courses running here at Strand if your students are intertested.

I have also made a couple of software user guides which also be of some help.

If I can be of assistance in any way please email me on amber.tomlin@strandlighting.com

Kind Regards
Amber Tomlin :D
Amber Tomlin

Key Account Manager - UK
Philips Entertainment

KarelBartak

Re: Old Software

Post by KarelBartak » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:07 am

It looks like on my HDD are several older versions too. So if Amber will not find the "proper" for you, let me know at: karel@projgs.cz